Monday, April 30, 2012

Mixtape Monday: Jazz Fest 2012

Taking a detour to New Orleans to attend Jazz Fest this weekend. 
Here is a sampling of the artists who are playing this year - among many others too (I can't wait to listen to all the local Jazz music and Cajun Zydeco!)
Expect many a pictures and stories next week, because NOLA is magical.

1. Not Fade Away - Florence and the Machine (I've seen her once before and I will see her a million times more. She's great live. Also, this song has a very specific New Orleans feel to it)
2. Feeling Good - Nina Simone
3. I Can't Make You Love Me - Bon Iver (It's a cover of Bonnie Raitt, who is also performing.)
4. The Trapeze Swinger - Iron and Wine
5. How Come You Never Go There (Beck Remix) - Feist
6. Lover to Lover - Florence and the Machine (very soulful)
7. Circuital - My Morning Jacket
8. Tamacun - Rodrigo y Gabriela
9. How Do I Let a Good Man Down? - Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings
10. Ceiling of Plankton - GIVERS (they hail from Louisiana)
11. Falling or Flying - Grace Potter and the Nocturnals
12. 32 Flavors - Ani DiFranco
13. Little Fly - Esperanza Spalding

3 comments:

  1. That sounds so fun! I'm totally jealous. Make sure to see Bon Iver live. I saw him last fall and it was one of the best concerts I've ever attended.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! One of my friends from high school went and it looked awesome! :) hope you're enjoying summertime

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always wanted to go to this. How fun!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...