Monday, May 28, 2012

Mixtape Monday: Santigold


I appreciate when artists take years to complete an album because they want it to be "just right." Such is the case with Santigold, whose debut album came out in 2008. Her most recent gift to the world, Master of My Make Believe, is perhaps better than the album that earned her much due critical acclaim. We had this album on rotation the entire trip to New Orleans and back and never got bored of it. This week's playlist is inspired by her rad, new album:

1. Disparate Youth - Santigold (such a standout on Master of My Make Believe)
2. Bamboo Banga - M.I.A. (both she and Santi use lots of tribal sounds)
3. Youth Knows No Pain - Lykke Li
4. I'm A Lady - Santigold
5. Nothing to Worry About - Peter Bjorn and John
6. Sour Cherry - The Kills
7. Black and Blue - Miike Snow
8. Never Enough - Santigold
9. Y Control - Yeah Yeah Yeahs (Santi was definitely influenced by Karen O on this album)
10. Lights Out - Santigold (ultimate summer song)
11. Knowing - Big Boi
12. The Garden - Mirah
13. This Isn't Our Parade - Santigold 
14. Tonight - Lykke Li
15. Creator - Santigold
16. I Bet It Stung - Tegan and Sara

Master of My Make Believe is only $4.99 on Amazon - I highly recommend getting a copy!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...