Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Mixtape Mondays: the sounds of Jazz Fest

Jazz FestTime in New Orleans always passes a little too quickly and by the last day you realize how much more you need to see. It's how the city keeps people like me needing to return. 
.
Jazz Fest was everything I thought it would be and more  - music, art, and food. Everything from Latin music, to Saturday afternoon Southern rock jam bands, to gospel, to African drums, to Top 40 and of course Jazz - were present. Sharing space, sharing culture and sharing a love and passion for music. 
Here is a little taste of types of music I heard:

1. Oh My God - Mark Ronson feat. Lily Allen (brassy Jazz)
2. I'll Be Waiting - Adele (powerful, belting female songstresses)
3. Me & Mr. Jones - Amy Winehouse (bluesy)
4. I Feel Better - Gotye (uplifting)
5. A Day in the Life (Feat. John Lennon) - Cee-Roo (funky smooth Jazz)
6. Hold On - Alabama Shakes (southern rock)
7. Yalira - The Very Best (African)
8. A Little Bit - Madeleine Peyroux (contemporary blues)
9. Rave On - Julian Casablancas (classic rock)

Stay tuned for more NOLA...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...