Monday, June 11, 2012

Cinque Terre

cinque terrecinque terrecinque terre

I always forget how much I love to sit and people watch in airports. So many emotions can fill an airplane. Those who have just left loved ones at home, those departing for an adventure, those anxious and tired from air travel. If you are a keen observer like me, a tiny part of you emotionally invests in these moments you see and as humans you can relate. You invent backstories for these people and perhaps think of a chain of future events. (This is loosely like the Stalker exercises we do in Acting classes). It provides entertainment for hours.
There are so many pre-travel memories for me in airports. I know I have mentioned it before, but the anticipation and wonder before a trip is so, so precious. 
I remember exactly 4 years ago this summer, fresh off graduating high school and going to Italy... Part of me wants to go back an read my diary entries from that time, and vicariously live through my 18-year-old self. HAHA gosh! do I REALLY want to read a teenager's diary?
.
These pictures are of Cinque Terre from our Italy '08 trip, remastered for your viewing pleasure. It's a gorgeous must-see on the Italian Riviera.

cinque terrecinque terre
 cinque terre

4 comments:

  1. gorgeous vivid colors! and I love re-reading my old journals. sometimes it's hilarious, and sometimes I actually learn something from myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful, you took wonderful photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. all those bright colors are so amazing.
    wish i could blink and just be there

    love and hugs,
    kaitgirl

    ReplyDelete
  4. your pictures are SO beautiful. cinque terre is on my list of places i must see in my lifetime. i know the excitement of traveling somewhere too, it's the best feeling! i have had the travel bug in a bad way lately! im ready to hop on a plane to anywhere :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...