Monday, June 18, 2012

Mixtape Mondays: Love Like A Sunset

Love Like A Sunset
When my parents and I would go to the beach when I was little, we went in the late afternoon and lingered past sunset, cooking our dinner over a barbecue on the beach. This was back before Destin, Florida became a premier tourist locale and when the night sky was clear, dark and full of starts.
Because we frequented this beach in early 90's, my parents were still listening to their 80's music, which is why I resonate that era of music with sunsets.
This playlist is best enjoyed by the ocean, watching Lisa Frank colored skies turn into twilight.

1. Love Like a Sunset, Pt. II - Phoenix
2. New Theory - Washed Out
3. Reunion - M83 (watch the amazing superhero music video for this)
4. Beautiful Life - jj
5. I'll Hold My Breath - Ellie Goulding
6. Wishes - Beach House (I highly recommend their latest album)
7. Jona Vark - Gypsy & the Cat
8. Lazuli - Beach House
9. The Ballad of Speck and Pebble - Delicate Steve
10. Origins - Tennis (perfect summer music, always)
11. Golden Haze - Wild Nothing
12. Where the Boats Go - M83

Listen to the tracks here:

1 comment:

  1. Bunch of lovely songs at one place!Love it!

    http:/fashion-babel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...