Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Sunrise on Folly Beach

Sunrise on folly Sunrise on folly Sunrise on folly Sunrise on folly Sunrise on folly Sunrise on folly Sunrise on folly 
There is something more special about watching a sunrise, as opposed to a sunset: it takes more effort. We left the house at 5:30 am to get to Folly Beach in time to watch the sunrise. I haven't been up that early since the last sunrise I saw, which was on a camel in the Sahara desert.
It was a special moment that has been on my Charleston bucket list for a while, but I have a feeling we will be doing this a few more times this summer.
After we were done capturing pictures and basking in the beauty, we headed to Lost Dog Cafe for some peach and pomegranate mimosas and a savory, hearty breakfast. 
Charleston, you're just making it harder for me to leave!
Sunrise on folly Sunrise on folly Sunrise on folly Sunrise on folly  Sunrise on folly Sunrise on folly Sunrise on folly Sunrise on folly

6 comments:

  1. Such a lovely sunrise! I am usually way too lazy to get that early, but wish I would be that morning person to go out and shoot some pictures!! The only time I got up this early was in Cambodia to see the sunrise over Angkor Wat - and that truely was magical! Wonderful shots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh! This is incredible. I've been following Olivia @ Everyday Musing some time now and really got the impression that Charleston is the place to go. Enjoy your time there! (Are you there on vacation? Or visiting someone?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually went to college here and just graduated. I'm spending the summer here, but am going back home once my lease is up :( i miss charleston already

      Delete
  3. i don't think i've seen a sunrise over the water before, living on FL's gulf coast. this is dfefinitely on my to-do list! how beautiful!! i have in fact seen one rise over Haleakala volcano in Maui though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, most college grads go to bed at 5:30am let alone rise with the sun! I'm so glad you're an early bird though because these photos are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. these photos are all so incredibly gorgeous - I've never been up for the sunrise before, but it looks like it's worth the early hour. x E

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...