Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Angel Oak

angel oak angel oak angel oak angel oak angel oak
Knowing that I am leaving Charleston in less than a month, I am scrounging to cross off things on my Charleston bucket list, one being: Angel Oak.
Quite off the beaten path on John's Island, Angel Oak is a Charleston treaure. It's a 300-400 year old live oak tree, believed to be the largest tree east of the Mississippi. It gets it's name for being both the last name of the estate owners it is located on and the canopy of leaves and branches that makes you feel like you're being cradled under angel wings. 
With it's knots and nodules, it is reminiscent of the Whomping Willow tree of Harry Potter world. 
It's quite magical, and if you're in the area, it's a must see.
angel oak angel oak angel oak

4 comments:

  1. It's incredible. Just another reason to visit this stunning place :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it really does look like it belongs on the Hogwarts campus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. there is a tree like this in maui! it just keeps growing and growing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your sweet comment!! I'm glad you found me so I could find your blog! amazing pictures! and that TREE, is magnificent! I would love to love in Charleston one day! x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...