Monday, July 23, 2012

Mixtape Monday: High School Favorites, Pt.4


1. What You Waiting For? - Gwen Stefani (Freshman year, this was my jam, and it still never gets old. Perfect song for working out, plus the Alice in Wonderland video is amazing.)

2. Gronlandic Edit - Of Montreal (Super funky band I discovered through The OC soundtracks)

3. Hi - Psapp (This became the music to one of my dance show pieces, involving exercise balls.)

4. Come to Me - Koop (Grey's Anatomy introduced me to so much of the music I listen to, like this gem. A big band revival piece.)

5. Breathe  - Telepopmusik 

6. They Are Night Zombies!! They Are Neighbors!! They Have Come Back from the Dead!! Ahhhh! - Sufjan Stevens (Illiniose still remains a favorite album of mine)

7. Wound Up - Office (I resonate this song with Paris because I downloaded it the day I left for France in '06)

8. Paper Bag - Fiona Apple (Fiona is a quintessential piece to any angsty high school mix)

9. Wolves - Josh Ritter

10. Dues to Pay - Leona Naess (Loved me some Leona back then, still do.)

11. Skinny Love - Bon Iver (When I first heard this song I thought Bon Iver was a group of soulful black men. No joke.)

12. Honey and the Moon - Joseph Arthur

13. Everybody Knows - Ryan Adams (Ryan introduced me to alt-country)

14. Summer Day - Coconut Records (Who doesn't love Jason Schwartzman and Kirsten Dunst singing a song together about summer?)

15. Mariella - Kate Nash (Made of Bricks was my teenage anthem(s))

16. M79 - Vampire Weekend 


.
What Were Your Favorite Songs in High School?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...