Saturday, July 21, 2012

Tuna Couscous Salad

tuna couscous
As mentioned before, summer means little to no heat- involved meals. Marinated salads that only get better with time is the only way to go. Here I have a super inexpensive, super healthy, pretend you're picnicking somewhere on the Mediterranean - kinda summer lunch: 

Tuna Couscous Salad
1 - 8.8 oz package whole wheat Israeli couscous (I love the Zahas brand), cooked and cooled
2 - 6oz cans tuna packed in water
1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
1 small cucumber, thinly sliced
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
2 tablespoons pesto
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (Trader Joes brand is so flavorful!)

Mix all these ingredients together in a large bowl and salt and pepper to taste. You're good, you're done. 
It lasted a week for me in the fridge. 

tuna couscous

2 comments:

  1. Looks delicious! This just might have to be my lunch at work all week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Gasp* I actually have this stuff!! I never have all the ingredients to make amazing recipes I find online. SCORE!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...