Monday, August 20, 2012

Mixtape Monday: What I am Listening to and Why


1. Locked Out - Freelance Whales (This is the first single off their new album coming out in October, and it has left me wanting more. This song is very inspiring and uplifting.)

2. Is Your Love Big Enough? - Lianne La Havas (I think she is going to be the next big thing - a perfect mix between Beyonce/Alicia Keys/ Janelle Monae. I need to get her debut album out now...)

3. How They Want Me To Be - Best Coast (Their newest album has served as a perfect hazy summer soundtrack. They stay true to their lo-fi, poolside sound, and I love that.)

4. Great Provider - Mariachi El Bronx (very Mexicali and Devotchka-esque)

5. Rhiannon - Best Coast (I recently got Just Tell Me That You Want Me: A Tribute To Fleetwood Mac, and this is a standout. Best Coast somehow turned this seductive, witchy song into a summery, upbeat do-wop.)

6. Small Town Moon - Regina Spektor (a great track off her most recent record)

7. Sometimes You Need - Rufus Wainwright (I've missed his voice, so glad he's back and with a new album!)

8. Silver Springs - Lykke Li (a great one also off the Fleetwood Mac tribute)

9. Do You Love Me Like You Used To - Best Coast 

10. Never Quit Loving You - Jill Barber (When I first heard this song, I thought it was recorded 50 years ago, but alas I discovered it was from a contemporary artist. Perfect for Duffy or Dusty Springfield lovers.)

11. Hold Me - Haim (again, a great one off the Fleetwood Mac tribute)

12. Paradise - Wild Nothing (Makes me want to put on an 80's power suit and dance)

13. Constant Conversations (St. Lucia Remix) - Passion Pit (I am loving anything St. Lucia lays their hands on.)

14. Skin of the Night - M83 (I'm just now listening to their older stuff, this track is super moody, synthetic and dramatic.)

1 comment:

  1. did i mention i love checking out your playlists at work! they are the perfect soundtrack to my day!! can't wait to check these out lauren :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...