Monday, September 3, 2012

Mixtape Monday: Summer's End

I guess it's Labor Day that marks the "end"of summer politically and commercially, but I will still hold the day before the autumn equinox to be so. The weather has already gotten crisper and I am all about that change.
 It's been a beautiful and memorable summer and I am very sad to say goodbye to it. 
But here, I offer an end of summer playlist, one last blow-out before the fall comes. 

1. Dreams So Real - Metric (Been listening to their new album lately and my high school self couldn't be happier. This song is almost like an anthem.)
2. Anything Could Happen - Ellie Goulding (so excited about her new album, this first single is very uplifting)
3. Girls Just Wanna Have Fun - Starf*cker (dance-floor ready cover)
4. Runaways - The Killers (Fun Fact: Brandon Flowers, the lead singer, has had the most cameos in my dreams than anyone, ever.)
5. Up All Night - Best Coast (Reminds me of a slow dance song at prom)
6. The Suburbs  - Arcade Fire (It's where I currently am, and evokes memories of summers as a kid)
7. Dearly Departed - Devotchka
8. No One Like You - Best Coast
9. Too Late - M83 (a loving farewell song)
10. Reprise - Devotchka (a nice instrumental piece to round out the summer)
.....
I thought this little video was a simple, beautiful ode to the pleasures of summer:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...