Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Quick Lunches {Niçoise Terrine}

After following many Swedish fashion blogs through the years, I've noticed that they love them some Niçoise salad, a plate of carefully arranged tomatoes, green beans, and other marinated veggies topped with tuna/anchovies and usually hard boiled eggs (and I am sure some sort of dressing).  
I wanted to try this one out at home, in to-go form, and without the anchovies (at this point I am diluting the whole idea, i think, but whatever).
And since putting birds on things got tired and became painting everything in chalkboard paint, I think putting anything in mason jars is the fad now.
.
My recipe for Niçoise Terrine isn't really a recipe at all, just take ingredients like marinated artichokes, boiled eggs, tomatoes, green beans, white beans, tuna, potatoes - whatever suits your fancy, layer it in a mason jar and top it off with some balsamic vinegar.

This combination I've made below was delicious:
Nicoise terrine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...