Monday, October 15, 2012

Mixtape Monday: What I am Listening to and Why

So many great albums have come out in these recent months. Here is what I've been listening to and why:

1. Wings - Haerts (This a debut single from a new band I am so excited about. I haven't been this excited about a song in a long time.)

2. Ruin - Cat Power (Her most recent album, Sun, may very well be her best. This is a standout track from the album, she is so bad-ass.)

3. Sweet Nothing - Calvin Harris feat. Florence Welch (I own every song Flo is a part of. I am normally not a Calvin Harris fan, but you can tell he definitely let Flo influence him on this song and I'm diggin' it.)

4. Figure 8 - Ellie Goulding (Her sophomore album, Halcyon, is making it's way onto my Best Albums of 2012 list, there is not a weak one on there.)

5. September - St. Lucia (I am impatiently waiting for more new music from this M83-esque band, their debut should be dropping soon)

6. Undercover - No Doubt (Their new album, Push and Shove, picks up right where 2000's Rock Steady left off. I will always love Gweny-Gwen-Gwen!)

7. Fireshrine - Purity Ring

8. Don't Say A Word  - Ellie Goulding (perfect album opener)

9. Five Seconds - Twin Shadow (fit for an 80's movie)

10. Dreaming the Same Dream - No Doubt (I love when they go all 80's Madonna)

11. Halcyon - Ellie Goulding

12. So This Is Goodbye (Pink Ganter Remix) - William Fitzsimmons (a smooth, sexy remix)

13. 3, 6, 9 - Cat Power (very catchy chorus)

listen here:

1 comment:

  1. YAYYY i love that you have these on 8tracks! i've been feeling all songs fall inspired lately.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...