Monday, October 1, 2012

San Francisco {Day 1}

chinatown sf chinatown
fortune cookie factory 
^^^ The Fortune Cookie Factory in Chinatown where you can create your own fortunes.
chinatown 
Just got back from an 8 day trip to Northern California, so I am trying to adjust back to reality/work and get all my pictures situated. 

If I could live in San Francisco, I would. If I knew there was a life for me there, I would move in a heartbeat. I guess because California is so different from the Southeast, where I am used to, everything seems so special and fresh there. Everyone is so friendly and genuine, there is wonderful cuisine, and the layout of the city allows you to sit on the cable car and stare in awe for hours. 
.
Our first day there, stale from the plane, we walked around in the fresh, crisp air (it really is the freshest I've ever existed in), hopped on the cable car and got ourselves to Chinatown. I've never been to China, but I would imagine that San Francisco's version of it is pretty authentic. It's crowded with people at corner markets buying ingredients you've never even seen/smelt before. The lanterns draped across the buildings and the Asian-touches to the architecture create that sense of elsewhere too. 

 We of course had to have Dim Sum for lunch, I'm not quite sure how describe them, because even when you are eating them, you're still not sure. Basically they are little doughy, streamed dumplings with mystery fillings, kinda like a box of chocolates, you never know what you'll get. 

Ventured on over to Union Square, the Times Square of SF, and then somehow ended up in the Castro, always an entertaining and colorful place to be (Cliff's Variety is an awesome old-school, hardware/party supply/toy store)

.
We ended the night at an In-N-Out Burger, it's a rarely seen delicacy to Southerners.
chinatown chinatown dim sum
We had the best Dim Sum at Yummy Yummy. 
chinatown sf sf
sf

1 comment:

  1. These pictures are stunning. San Francisco is just lovely, isn't it? Thanks for the comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...