Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Mixtape Monday: What I am Listening to and Why

A very random mix, but here we go...


1. Northern Lights - Kate Boy (The Swedes know how to make infectious music, this dance/electro track only makes me want more from them. See the video above!)

2. Flesh and Bone - The Killers (standout off their latest album/I am obsessed with Brandon Flowers, he has the most cameos in my dreams)

3. Hold On When You Get Love and Let Go When You Give It - Stars (It's nice to see them back to their original sound that I fell in love with.)

4. Chemical Reaction - Sucre (Her music is very romantic, dreamy and orchestral.)

5. Speak Up - POP ETC (Off the last Twilight: Breaking Dawn Pt.2 Soundtrack, definitely check it out - it has lots of gems on it)

6. Skyfall - Adele (I'm sure you've heard this one, but it's so sassy and fitting with the movie.)

7. Hanna's Theme (Vocal Version) - The Chemical Brothers (Although I saw Hanna years go, I just now got some songs off the soundtrack. Joe Wright (director of Hanna, as well as Pride and Prejudice, Atonement, and Anna Karenina) knows how to perfectly set the mood with his composers. I have all his movie's soundtracks.)

8. Fire in the Water - Feist (Also off Breaking Dawn, this song is slow and sexy)

9. Come Talk To Me -Bon Iver (a beautiful and autumnal Peter Gabriel cover)

10. Rooftop - Lady Lamb The Beekeeper (if you're a fan of Regina Spektor, check this out)

11. The Sun - SURES (It's just good!)

12. Keeper - Shovels & Rope (I think I love this band so much because they are from Charleston, but Cary Ann Hearst's voice and rockabilly sound has got me hooked.)

13. Brand New Kind of Blue - Gold Motel (Very catchy)

14. Flask Retort - Bear Colony (uber 80's)

take a listen:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...