Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Gyro Nachos

gyro nachos gyro nachos 
My parents and I have a tradition of making nachos every Super Bowl and we've experimented with everything from the classic Mexican nachos to Italian nachos. Being obsessed with all things Greek and Mediterranean, I couldn't resist making this recipe for Gyro Nachos. 
I think this will impress my future Greek mother-in-law. 

Gyro Nachos
(adapted from Back to Her Roots)

1 pound ground lamb
1 tablespoon Cavender’s Greek Seasoning
1 bag whole wheat pita chips
1 bag regular white pita chips
1 batch tzatziki sauce (mix together 2 cups plain Greek yogurt, 2 tablespoons dried/fresh dill, 2 tablespoons garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste)
favorite gyro toppings: chopped cucumber, chopped tomatoes, crumbled feta, sliced black olives, diced red onion

Preheat oven to 425°.
In a large skillet, brown ground lamb with Cavender’s over medium low heat until cooked through. Remove from skillet and drain on paper towels. Set aside.
To assemble nachos, layer pita chips on a baking sheet, top with lamb, tzatziki and favorite toppings (except cucumbers).
Bake for about 12-15 min until bubbly and golden. Top with chopped cucumbers and dig in.


gyro nachos
More Greek Recipes:

.

4 comments:

  1. This looks so very delicious, I think I'll make a real Greek salad tomorrow - sans the labmbs :P

    jess
    Wanderlusted

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looooove gyros, and I looooooove nachos... so the fact that you combined the two is just amazing! These look absolutely divine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are SUCH a refreshing take on nachos!! also doesn't hurt that i'm greek food obsessed :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! I never would have thought to make nachos this way!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...