Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Lentil Salad

lentil salad
lentil salad
I love hitting Trader Joes at rush hour - the best samples are out. A few weeks ago when I was there, they were handing little cups of Lentil Salad and I fell in love. I've never been in love with lentils before, so I'm really glad this salad re-introduced us. I grabbed a copy of the recipe and followed it verbatim. I've been eating it with multi-grain pita chips and their Mediterranean Greek Yogurt Dip. 
It's so healthful and keeps you full - perfect for lunches. 

Lentil Salad
recipe from Trader Joes

1-17.63 oz steamed lentils (from Trader Joes) (about 2 cups steamed lentils)
1 small red onion, finely diced
3 Persian cucumbers (or 1 large cucumber), diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
6 Tbl red wine vinegar
salt and pepper to taste

Combine lentils, red onion, cucumbers, and bell pepper in a large bowl. Whisk olive oil and vinegar together, pour over salad, and toss. Salt and pepper to taste.

Keeps in fridge for up to 5 days, if you don't devour it all before then. 

lentil salad

1 comment:

  1. I love lentils! This look delicious, and colorful:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...