Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Charleston Lately...

iop iop iop
Highlights from my long weekend in Charleston:

> Seeing my hilarious, great friend Vern who has been back in the states from Denmark, waiting for her work visa to process
>Sneakily putting googly eyes on various objects and pictures in our favorite bar (nothing/no one was safe)
> Hitting up 5 coffee shops in one day
> Going to Isle of Palms while everyone was at work, just cause
> Laughing, lots of it, and fulfilling, late-night heart to hearts
> Eating my first Waffle Taco at The Green Door - a waffle filled with sambol fried chicken, bacon, sriracha maple syrup, goat cheese, and yes, Lucky Charms. I can't believe this beautiful creation exists either...
>Listening to lots of Alt-J with the windows rolled down
> Discovering parts of Charleston I never knew existed
 >Meeting up with my future Chicago roommate (!)

It's always hard to leave all this. Who ever wants to go back to reality when you've been living large in Charleston for a few days?
the green door rec room rec room

5 comments:

  1. Lovely!

    I'm finally getting to Charleston this summer after years of dying to visit. I'm going to email you for tips soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha LOVE the googly eye escapade- that was amazing. as is hitting up 5 coffee shops in one day. you're like, my ideal friend :D

    xo Marlen
    Messages on a Napkin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great time! Never been there but I would like to go.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...