Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Mixtape Monday: {Unofficially} Summer

photo by Kevin Tadge

Now that I am no longer in school, my concept of summer is expectantly different. From now on, it's just that hot time of year, as opposed to the freedom and laziness that it once was. 
I guess in the "real world" Memorial Day is the unofficial start of summer - well that, and the influx of bored teenagers perusing around the suburbs.
To welcome back summer, here is a mixtape that I think perfectly captures the start of the season (the unofficial start, of course):

1. Get Lucky (feat. Pharrell Williams) - Daft Punk (such a groovy tune - perfect for going out)
2. We Got It Wrong - St. Lucia (can't be a summer playlist without a song by this band)
3. Summertime Sadness - Lana Del Rey
4. The Real Thing - Phoenix (I am truly loving their latest album Bankrupt! - their music is always upbeat and energetic.)
5. Dissolve Me - alt-J (The debut album by this awesome act is too good - check it out!)
6. Despair - Yeah Yeah Yeahs (This song is the "Maps" of 2013 - I also love the sound of lawn sprinklers in the background.)
7. Worship You - Vampire Weekend (VW has exploring with many new sounds on their latest effort - and I am really digging it all!)
8. Put a Light On  - Generationals (This song sounds like an ice cream truck.)
9. No One's Better Sake - Little Joy
10. Unbelievers - Vampire Weekend (also off Modern Vampires of the City)
11. We the Common (for Valerie Bolden) - Thao & The Get Down Stay Down
12. Let Me Back In - Rilo Kiley 
13. Turn to White - She & Him (got a pretty Latin-flair about it)
14. Birds - Kate Nash (One of my all-time favorite songs - love the story she paints with this song)

listen:

...
Also, the randomly selected winner of my Shabby Apple Giveaway is meredith m! Congrats! 
I hope to be doing more giveaways in the future, so look out for them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...