Friday, June 21, 2013

Frozen Coffee Ice Cubes

coffee cubes
Happy First Day of Summer, y'all! I didn't even realize it was until I saw today's adorable Google icon (and then once I walked outside). 

I am an avid iced coffee drinker, I even drink it when its cold outside, like it has to be under 32 degrees for me to want to drink hot coffee (this might change once I move to Chicago). My dad is the same way and makes his own New Orleans-style cold brew coffee. The thing I love about cold brew is that it's super concentrated and sweet; because it's not heated, the oils are never stripped from the grinds, therefore showcasing it's true flavor. There are so many cold brew contraptions on the market and DIY methods as well, if you like strong coffee, give them a try!
And to up the ante of my iced coffees, I like to make freeze leftover coffee in ice cube trays - that way my iced coffee never gets diluted, it only gets stronger. You can use cold brew or regular brewed coffee and I recommend adding a little bit of water before poring into your ice trays. 

You can thank me after you tasted this perfection in a glass. 
iced coffee

3 comments:

  1. Wow, what a cool idea! Will definitely be trying this soon :)

    Best,
    Danielle
    http://awriterinlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. delicious! there is only one coffee shop around here that freezes their leftover coffee into ice cubes for iced coffee orders. it's something i should definitely start doing at home as it heats up in florida!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Post !
    Iced coffee is perfect to have during the summer season it give relief you from the sunlight . i personally have enjoyed iced coffee during the summers season it gives you chilling experience .

    Thanks
    Finn Felton

    Kopi Luwak

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...