Monday, June 10, 2013

Mixtape Monday: Rhye


My Lord, has it been a week! Between our WiFi being out since Wednesday, a family emergency and 
all the physical side effects of being under stress, I am so ready to relax and just sit down with my computer. Anywho...

Rhye is a two-man band that I have been obsessing over the past few months. The lead singer's falsetto voice is so reminiscent of Sade, it's uncanny. Their music is sultry, smooth and relaxing, exactly what I want to be listening to right now. This week's playlist is a Rhye-themed one, with other artists who perfectly compliment their sound.

1. 3 Days - Rhye
2. Help Me Lose My Mind (feat. London Grammar) - Disclosure
3. Evil Coast - The Mary Onettes (for fans of: Sting and The Smiths)
4. No Other Plans - Sonny Levine feat. Young Dad
5. Crystalfilm - Little Dragon
6. Devotion - Jessie Ware
7. Pusher Love Girl - Justin Timberlake
8. Verse - Rhye
9. Taro - alt-J (love the Middle Eastern influence in this song)
10. Wasting My Young Years - London Grammar
11. Hearts A Mess - Gotye
12. Try to Be - Blue Hawaii
13. Ms - alt-J

Get Rhye's debut album Woman here or here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...