Saturday, June 15, 2013

Soo Sunny Park: Unwoven Light


I am spellbound by this gorgeous art installation by Soo Sunny Park, currently on display at the Rice Gallery in Houston. 
Iridescence has always intrigued me - from the wings of exotic butterflies to opalescent soapy bubbles to a gasoline spill on the pavement. The way it changes colors with movement and light is just a beautiful phenomenon. 
This video below is a must-see, to hear the artist's inspirations behind her piece and how it was constructed is all very interesting. 
I'd love to host a dinner party under this work of art - but I could just "settle" for falling asleep under it. 
Wow. 
   
source
source

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, so beautiful! I could look at this for hours.

    Best,
    Danielle
    http://awriterinlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...