Friday, July 12, 2013

5 Summer Beauty Essentials

summer beauty

 When it comes to summer beauty essentials, sunblock is always a given, but here are some of my other picks I am loving for the season:

(left to right)

Mint Water
We've got an abundant mint plant that seems like it grows several inches each day. I love sprucing up my hydration with some refreshing mint. 

Moroccan Henna Lipstick
I am now in a phase of my life where I am always wearing color on my lips. I love a good moisturizing, long-lasting lip balm/stain (read: hard to find). When I saw The Man Repeller's post on this magical, green Moroccan Henna Lipstick that stains your lips a rich, pink hue (color varies depending on your own specific body's pH levels), I knew I had to try it. I feel like I did see these lipsticks in the markets when I was in Morocco a few years ago and am kicking myself for not being experimental and buying  unique beauty products when I was there. Anyways, I am a fan of this - the color lasts most of the day and I love the vibrant raspberry color that appears on my lips. 
I would recommend buying it on ebay - there are several sellers and all come at a reasonable price.

Trader Joe's Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
This is the new "it" hair treatment it seems, and rightfully so. I like to work it completely through my dry hair about an hour before I shower and let it sit. It might take a washing or two to get all the oil out, but I swear my hair becomes rehydrated and more manageable. Plus, I love the unsweetened coconut smell. 

Covergirl Clump Crusher by LashBlast Mascara
So happy Ulta was out of my former go-to mascara, so that I had to buy this one - and fall in love. It truly leaves lashes clump free, which to me looks natural and as lashes should look. I have green eyes, so I get it in the brown because the red undertones in the brown mascara contrast my eye color - making my eyes look overall brighter and clearer. 

T.N. Dickinson's Witch Hazel
My friend recently recommended using witch hazel as an acne fighting agent. It really does clean out your pores and tighten your skin - and helps to dry up your pimples without making your skin look like an alligator. Great for topical stress acne. 

4 comments:

  1. I've never heard of the coconut oil treatment for hair! I have to try this! I've been wanting to try a treatment for hard water because I can tell my hair has lost its shine, but I'm gonna try this first. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, I love the color coordination in this post - so pretty with all the green! I love that Trader Joe's coconut oil for beauty and food purposes. I'm also super intrigued by the henna lipstick - will definitely be doing some more research into it! Thanks for sharing :)

    Best,
    Danielle
    http://awriterinlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard about coconut oil being good for your hair and body! I'll have to try it out sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to have to try all of these, ESPECIALLY that henna lipstick. It looks ridiculously awesome! I've heard about witch hazel for years, but maybe it will work to clear all the sunscreen I have to wear in the summer out of my pores :)

    jess
    La Quaintrelle

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...