Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Mixtape Monday: Provence

france france
poppies
fields of poppies from a distance
blues
provence
Notice the adorable elderly couple on the bottom left, I only now just saw that...

When I went to Provence in 2008, I had a crappy point-and-shoot digital camera. At the time it suited my 18-year-old self just fine, but now looking back on it, I so wish I had bought myself a nicer DSLR. But with the genius photo apps that are out these days, especially Afterlight, I've been able to enhance my old photos and make them into something that I am actually proud of. 
And what did I listen to while I was editing these photos? None other than a French-y mixtape ---

1. Charlotte Mittnacht (The Fabulous Destiny Of...) - Devotchka
2. Forks and Knives (La Fête) - Beirut
3. À bicyclette - Yves Montand
4. La Valse D'Amelie - Yann Tiersen
5. Mimizan - Beirut
6. Elegy - Hey Marseilles
7. Lay Your Head Down - Keren Ann
8. Berceuse - Coeur de pirate
9. Mamanita - Jelly Roll Morton
10. C'était salement romantique - Coeur de pirate
11. Moon Waltz - Roger Neill, Dave Palmer & Brian Reitzell
12. Liberty - Keren Ann
13. Bauhaus - Hey Marseilles

listen:
provence church
provence carousel france provence windows poppies provence

2 comments:

  1. Afterlight is my fave! Such beautiful photos, the french countryside is something else. I think I would enjoy that pace of life...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the same about my pictures from Europe!! You're giving me a major case of wanderlust!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...