Monday, July 15, 2013

Mixtape Monday: What I am Listening to and Why


Here are some songs I have been loving on lately and why:

1. Blurred Lines (feat. T.I. & Pharrell) - Robin Thicke (I mean, this is THE SONG of the summer. Even my mom loves it, and yours probably does too.)

2. You (Ha Ha Ha) - Charli XCX (for fans of: Marina and the Diamonds and M.I.A.)

3. The Way We Are - Kate Boy (watch the video above)

4. All You're Waiting For - Classixx (This band takes a page from Daft Punk - but adds an 80's tinge to their sound.)

5. Unblessed - The Mary Onettes (80's all the way - perfect for a party at the beach)

6. Take My Hand - Charli XCX (If you're loving Icona Pop right now, you'll love this gal.)

7. Speak - PEAKS

8. Chloroform - Phoenix (standout track from their latest effort)

9. Tennis Court - Lorde

10. No Church In the Wild (feat. Frank Ocean & The-Dream) - JAY Z & Kanye West (super sexy track off The Great Gatsby Soundtrack)

11. Hannah Hunt - Vampire Weekend (My favorite song off Modern Vampires of the City.)

12. Wedding Song - Yeah Yeah Yeahs (Karen O is a goddess divine.)

13. Young and Beautiful (DH Orchestral Version) - Lana Del Rey

14. Boy - Emma Lousie (for fans of: Imogen Heap and Kate Havnevik)

15. The Ghost on the Shore - Lord Huron (dreamy and lush)

16. Rafstraumur - Sigur Ros (Thank you, Sigur Ros, for releasing two amazing albums barely a year  apart from one another.)

17. New Lover - Josh Ritter (Josh Ritter always puts me in a great mood.)

1 comment:

  1. did i mention i love your music.. because i love your music! :)

    PS love your post below too.. the witch-hazel makes me nostalgic for summers at my grandma's and her putting it on all of my bug bites!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...