Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Chicago Lately...

wicker park flatiron
southport wicker park
Colorful street at is everywhere  / I am in constant awe of the flatirons and historic buildings everywhere. I was spoiled of all this in Charleston, so I am happy to be living in a city that still has it.
roygbiv
The cake decorators at work organize the icings in rainbow order at the end of the day - it solicited a picture.
anthro horner park
There is an Anthro walking distance from me. Uh oh. / Been soaking up as many 60 something degree days as I can by walking around Horner Park.
frida
I've officially been living in Chicago for about a month and a half now and must say that I am very blessed how things have come together so beautifully. I keep waiting for the "catch" to happen. I understand that the downs will happen and I am not for a second taking for granted how many ups there has been since moving here. All my friends and parents point out that it obviously was meant to be, me moving here, and because of all the extensive planning and saving it took to get here, things have every right to have come together like they have.
I really like the people I work with and an so thankful to have found a full-time job at a popular bakery. Improv classes are in full-swing and are introducing me to new friends.
My living situation is very good, and I am loving decorating the apartment (pictures to come soon).
Surprisingly my stress level has gone way down since moving here, I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that I don't drive here and just take the "L" everywhere. Driving has never been my favorite and I am notorious for getting lost and being late, so having a relaxing ride to and from work with my earphones and staring out the window has done me wonders.
I can gush on and on, but I just wanted to check in with y'all and let you know that everything is really working out for me here and I am ba-dah-ba-ba-ba lovin' it.
horner  jenni's
Another lovely view of Horner Park / So much love for Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams
chi
Lake Michigan from a boats point of view. The water is actually that color. 
lake michigan lake michigan
Me and a dog getting along - it's a rare sight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...