Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Mixtape Monday: Cold & Cosy

a few moments from this fall...
fall in chicago
Chicago sure wears Autumn well...
fall in chicago irving
It snowed in Chi-town two weeks ago while the Autumn leaves were still on the trees. Two seasons fighting for attention, trying to one-up each other. It was pretty cool to see as a Southerner, because the snow is still a novelty to me that I get giddy about (ask me again in March). 
Even though the cold weather as welcomed mice into my apartment and a wind rash on my neck, I'd still like to compliment this chilly weather with a playlist: feel-good tunes with a vintage vibe and full of soul to keep you cosy and warm. 

1. Waitin' - Caitlin Rose (for fans of: Jenny Lewis and Carly Simon)
2. Nothing But A Miracle - Diane Birch (sounds like it's straight from the 70's)
3. Woe Be - Feist (A relatable song to anyone who has ever crushed on a musician.)
4. You Ain't Alone - Alabama Shakes
5. Tall Tall Shadow - Basia Bulat
6. Two - Ryan Adams
7. The Story - Norah Jones
8. Brandy Alexander - Feist
9. Tomorrow Will Be Kinder - The Secret Sisters
10. Own Side - Caitlin Rose
11. Big Love - Leona Naess
12. Hover I - Andrew Bird
13. Firewood - Regina Spektor
14. Night Still Comes - Neko Case
15. You've Ruined Me Now - Norah Jones
16. Pulaski at Night - Andrew Bird (Off his latest EP which is centered much around Chicago - released just in time for his instrumental, intimate set of shows - which I have tickets to! Try not to be jealous.)
halloween
My halloween costume - deer in headlights!
fall in chicago fall in chicago
Hear all those songs here:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...