Monday, November 11, 2013

Mixtape Monday: What I am Listening to and Why

Here's what I've been listening to lately and why:

1. The Night Comes Again - St. Lucia (I feel like I've been waiting forever for this album to come out, well I do think it has been 1.5 years... and St. Lucia doesn't disappoint with their tropical, 80's synth debut.)

2. Pyromaniac - Oh Land (Her latest album is just as quirky and experimental as ever, with still being catchy.)

3. By The Throat - CHVRCHES (This trio never fails to impress me - this track is especially glittery.)

4. White Teeth Teens - Lorde (coolest teen ever)

5. Tether - CHVRCHES (very M83 - they really should collaborate)

6. Work - Iggy Azalea (OBSESSED WITH IGGY, her bad-ass-ness in unreal)

7. My Song 5 - HAIM (it's about time I see them live already)

8. Team - Lorde

9. All for You - HAERTS

10. Speak A Little Louder - Diane Birch (I've never given her enough attention in the past, I am really loving her new sound/album. She's got a voice straight from the 70's.)

11. Don't Give Up (Peter Gabriel Cover) - Feist feat. Timber Timbre (I worship any thing Feist does, this is no exception.)

12. 3 Chances - Oh Land

13. Nearly Midnight, Honolulu - Neko Case (heartbreaking, simple, and oh so gorgeous)

14. The Mistress - Charlotte Church (Fun Fact: in middle school, Charlotte Church was my absolute favorite. She's back with new music and a new sound - like a Bjork/Enya combo, and I'm really digging it.)

15. Cool Kids - Echosmith

16. Wait for Love - St. Lucia

17. Days Are Gone - HAIM

Hear 'em all:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...