Monday, December 9, 2013

Southwestern Corn Casserole

Southwestern Corn Casserole Southwestern Corn Casserole
This is my absolute favorite side dish to any big holiday meal. People are weary when I tell them about the jalapeno addition, but after they taste it, they are believers and request that it MUST be served for both Thanksgiving and Christmas. Typically I am not a huge fan of creamed corn, but the cream cheese base makes it lighter and less yellow than it normally is. I can just eat bowls and bowls of this - my stomach so loves when I do that.

Southwestern Corn Casserole
12 oz Neufchatel cream cheese
1/2 cup milk
1/2 stick butter
1 tsp garlic salt
2-4 fresh jalapenos (depending on your spice tolerance), seeded and chopped (don't learn the hard way like I did and wear gloves when cutting these!)
4 - 12oz cans white shoe peg corn (worth the splurge - so much sweeter and crunchier than yellow corn)

1. In medium saucepan, melt cream cheese, milk, butter, and garlic salt together over low heat until it makes a sauce.
2. Remove sauce from heat and stir in jalapenos and corn. Spread into 9 X13 baking dish.
3. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

This is so easy to make a few days ahead and keep in the fridge - in a ziplock bag if you need space too. Bake right before you need to serve. 
Southwestern Corn Casserole

1 comment:

  1. Holy moly, does this ever sound good! I'm surprised people are put off by the jalapeno! I think that makes it sound even more delicious. Especially when cream cheese is involved! I need to try this out!

    -Becca
    Ladyface Blog

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...