Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Mixtape Monday: What I am Listening to and Why

What I've been groovin' to lately - some new discoveries, some not.

1. Completely Not Me - Jenny Lewis (My all-time favorite singer teamed up with ROSTAM of Vampire Weekend on this song recorded for GIRLS. The stars have aligned.)

2. Like a Dream - Francis and the Lights (The video does it all for me.)

3. Run - Delta Rae (very inspiring and invigorating)

4. Young Fathers - Typhoon (for fans of Frightened Rabbit)

5. Lit from Underneath - Andrew Bird 

6. Anoanimal - Andrew Bird (His song from a while ago, but one of my favorites that I've never shared.)

7. Bravado - Lorde

8. Alice - Mononoke (If you like CocoRosie and Florence and the Machine, you'll love them.)

9. Hangover - Charlotte OC (sexy)

10. Falling - Amy Stroup (reminds me of Lykke Li)

11. Ephemera - GEMS (hazy, beach house music)

12. Black Window - Superhumanoids (soothing electronic)

13. Alley Cats - Hot Chip

14. When the Night - St. Lucia (belongs at the end of a John Hughes film)

15. Nostroke - Saol √Ālainn

listen:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...