Friday, March 21, 2014

5 Winter Beauty Essentials

winter beauty
Ironic that I am posting winter beauty essentials on the first day of spring (FINALLY), but I feel like all these products transition quite well into the spring, bringing your dry, dead skin back to life to make presentable enough for shorts and dresses. 

O'Keeffe's Working Hands Hand Cream
Where has this been all my adult life of working at a bakery? This hand salve fills in the cracks and barely has a greasy finish to it. You can wash your hands all day and still feel the cream working and preventing your hands from  drying out and stinging at the cuts. A little goes a long way. 

Revlon ColorBurst Matte Balm in Standout
Always looking for a new type of lip color and constantly impressed with Revlon's offerings, I knew I had to give this a try. I love the crayon-like applicator, and it doesn't feel as drying as normal lipstick  - but lasts a bit longer. Will definitely be buying more colors in the future. 

Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Skin Therapy Oil
I had been doing the cocoa butter lotion route all this winter, but hit a wall when patches of my skin felt and looked like sandpaper. Chicago winters are so, so bad for your skin. I started using this oil all over by body before I showered and then re-applied after I got out (no need to use soap) and noticed my skin noticeably improved just after a week. Next winter I am getting a head start and just am going to use this from the get-go.

Fekkai Brilliant Glossing Styling Creme (Olive Oil)
This is my latest hair obsession. I use it damp or dry. It's a bit easier to control than hair oils and truly gives your hair some clean-looking shine. This creme really helps in molding my curls into waves too. 

Systane Lubricant Eye Drops
As I've mentioned before Chicago winters are harsh for your skin - as well as your eyes. My eyes water every time I have to go outside because they are so sensitive and dry. I've taken to putting in a few drops in the morning and night, it really moisturizes and soothes my eyes. 

What are your winter beauty essentials?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...