Thursday, July 31, 2014

Garden Apartment Tour {Kitchen}

Finally I got around to taking some proper pictures of my apartment, which I'll be sharing all week.  Kicking it off with the kitchen - the cheeriest, kitschiest part of the house. 
kitchen
My dad was the genius behind the fitted marble top to the metal rolling shelves. He made it himself.  Classy touch. 
kitchen
That window treatment is actually an Anthropologie tea towel, and served as inspiration for the whole kitchen - mint and cherry red. No sewing was involved in this project, just some hot glue, good scissors and screws. My mom can do a lot with some hot glue. 
kitchen
Makeshift "kitchen gallery wall": An ode to Sriracha, a strawberry painted cheese plate that used to my in my mom's apartment when she was my age and single, a noble tea towel, and my grandmother's vintage apron. 
kitchen
Showing off my collection of tins from around the world, mostly gifts from my dad's travels. Spray painted that $3 thrifted shelf. 
kitchen
Next project: get new knobs! 
kitchen

This light was my dad's idea - wire basket + light kit + Edison bulb. The table was $8 thrifted - glass included. I just spray painted the legs and stapled oil cloth to the top. The folding chairs were collecting dust in our basement and I just heavily spray painted them as well. 

I apologize for the poor lighting situation in these photos, one of the many perks to basement living. why can't I just live in one of those bright, amazingly lit Pinterest homes?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...