Thursday, July 10, 2014

This past week has been the hardest week of my life. Without getting into details, and in an effort to keep this blog on a positive note, I just want you all to know that I am okay, just my world has been shaken up a bit. One day I'll be able to write about it with more clarity, but it's going to take time. 
Honestly, I didn't know I had this much strength until thrown this situation, handed this "life experience" - and didn't know how many people thought I was this strong. The tragic, unexpected things in life can make us learn so much about ourselves and how others think of us too. I've never second guessed my move to Chicago, but this situation has truly showed me how many people here in this city truly care for me and love me. I have a foundation here, a second family.
Like this quote above I'm learning that I HAVE control over how I handle things, and it has given me a sense of power and courage. At the same time I am exploring my feelings and letting myself just experience them as to bottling them up. 
I'm taking all measures in my life right now to return to normalcy and routine as that's how I think I will heal most efficiently. Returning to work, working out, cooking, blogging, improvising, laughing. 
After the winter, I told myself I would never take leaves and grass for granted again, and I have just been reminded how blessed I am for things I always took for granted like my upbringing, my ever accepting and loving parents, mental and physical health, and my belief in God. 
I've always had a healthy appreciation for life, I've occasionally cried at nature for Christ's sake, but it has just now been magnified. 

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about whatever is going on :( I hope it improves but good for you for staying strong! I know I don't really know you but you're always welcome to email me and talk about anything if you want.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...