Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Garden Apartment Tour {Living Room}

Continuing the apartment tour... with the Living Room! 
living room
This is the brightest part in the apartment, the bay window, and the only place house plants can grow. I am on my way to becoming a crazy house plant lady. 
living room
I accented all these terra cotta pots with gold paint. 
living room
Some cheap-o toilet paper roll wall art really makes a statement. The peacock chair was thrifted and painted to match the thrifted trunk, which my dad made legs for (it stores winter boots!). 
living room
living room
The former tenants left the sofa, and two arm chairs - plus some pillows - for free! Also the walls used to be dark green, but we painted them a glowing yellow-gold, perfect for dreary winter days. 
living room 
living room
Finally a place to hang some art I got in Morocco. 
living room
The TV stand was an unfinished bathroom vanity that my mom painted with chalk paint. 
living room
Bar cart Ikea hack that was totally taken from Pinterest. I couldn't find any in my price range and settled for making one myself, but I kinda love it - the mirror makes it. So do the fancy decanters...
living room living room
Ottoman, turned boot changing station. 

2 comments:

  1. Love your chicago home! The trunk is a genius use of space for winter boots and i'm drooling over the ikea hack bart cart!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Your living room looks so cozy! Painting the walls yellow is such a great idea. It made the whole area look so bright. I loved the tour, Lauren! Thanks for sharing that! All the best to you! :)

    Rick Greer @ Finlay Brewer

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...