Monday, August 4, 2014

Mixtape Monday: Head Underwater


I just spent my weekend seeing Lollapalooza aftershows, so I am on a live music high right now that I hope I never come down from.  Jenny Lewis has been #1 on my list to see live and after 10 years, finally got to see her. I was in the front row and almost cried. My God, was she amazing and the set list was perfect - playing old and new plus some Rilo Kiley. 
Also saw Lucius, a percussion heavy, harmonizing dream duo - part 60's girl group, part Tegan and Sarah. 
So, this week's playlist is heavily inspired from the shows I saw...

1. Head Underwater - Jenny Lewis (Currently my favorite track off her new album, The Voyager. Her lyrics on this album are as relatable as ever, this article gives you an insight on her struggles and making the record.)
2. Breaking Up - Rilo Kiley
3. Is This How You Feel - The Preatures (for fans of: HAIM)
4. Numbers Don't Lie - The Mynabirds (great Motown sound)
5. Birds Don't Sing - TV Girl 
6. Tempest - Lucius
7. If I Could Change Your Mind - HAIM
8. The Angels Hung Around - Rilo Kiley
9. She's Not Me - Jenny Lewis (This song has such a Fleetwood Mac feel to it.)
10. What's On Your Mind - The Greyhounds
11. Under These Hands - Dum Dum Girls
12. Left Hand Free - Alt-J (really digging their new sound - can't wait for the new album)
13. Baby - Devendra Banhart 

listen:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...