Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Albums I Will Always Love: Of Monsters and Men, My Head is An Animal

Of Monsters and Men
My Head is An Animal

This is one of those albums that I seriously underrated the first few times I heard it. I wasn't until this year that I realized how truly great it was. Seeing The Secret Life of Walter Mitty really reignited my flame for them. Their music, set agaist the native landscape of Iceland really did it for me. Of Monsters and Men own the signature cinematic, big sound that most Icelandic artists tend to have. I mean, how can the otherworldly landscape not inspire you?
Their folksy sound is less contrived than their radio counterparts (but I have to admit "Little Talks" is not one of my favorite songs of theirs...) and their sound is more dramatic, less I'm-so-happy-I'm-going-to-whistle-instead-of-sing. 
My "Driving through Iceland"playlist will be featuring this album, several times. Lets hope they release some new music before then too! 

I move slow and steady
But I feel like a waterfall
 - Slow and Steady

And these fingertips
Will never run through your skin
And those bright blue eyes
Can only meet mine across the room filled with people that are less important than you.
 - Love Love Love
Check out: "Dirty Paws" makes me wanna adventure somewhere big, "Yellow Light" is mysterious and magical, and "From Finner" has great some percussion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...