Saturday, September 6, 2014

Chicago Lately...

I was determined, despite all what life threw at me, I was going to make this summer count and savor it until the leaves started to change. And I think I accomplished that. 
boating
My mom was in town last weekend for a mini girls trip which included a boat ride on Lake Michigan and riding bikes on the lakefront trail. And of course, lots of eating. 
divvy jenny jenny
Yes, that's Jenny Lewis, my #1 lady. I saw her Lollapalooza aftershow and it was everything I wanted it to be and more. How does someone sound even better live than they do recorded? She sang a lot off her new album as well as some Rilo Kiley hits. 
boating
jenny tacos
Yeah, I was this close to Jenny // Antique Taco's always adorable set-up
lucius
I also got to see Lucius' Lolla aftershow! These girls are fierce and energetic. I would see them live again and again. 
beach
the "beach"
stan's jeni's
The Kitchen Aid mixer wall at Stan's Donuts // Chocolate Hazelnut Macaroon Ice Cream Sandwich from Jeni's
burger
Banh Mi Burger from Burger Bar Chicago
gardens
One of my favorite spots in the city - the Art Institute of Chicago Gardens. You could be in Europe. 
stan's mom and me
Donut Gelato (!) from Stan's // a throwback photobooth sesh

2 comments:

  1. Hey I'm a new follower :) love your interior design posts- your bedroom is awesome! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those photobooth pictures are amazing! Definitely a great throwback. And I can't believe you were so close to Jenny Lewis! I bet it was a fantastic show. Glad to see you had a great summer!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...