Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Desert Blooms Party {with Paperless Post}

Summer parties are in full swing, so I thought I'd do a post of a party I would love to host (hey that rhymes). In lieu of the ever popular summer color combo of pink and green, I thought I'd go with a dustier version of that. Think: less preppy, more bohemian. 
For the invite, start with these adorable cactus invitations from Paperless Post, an amazing e-vite website that I have used for many parties past. 
Cactus Party
Bring the desert to you. Cacti and succulents are so in right now (and hopefully not going out any time soon), so it's super simple to do centerpieces of potted plants. I love a pale peachy-pink stucco color, a few pots painted that color would look nice. Also some cupcakes disguised as succulents would look cool on the table as well. 
Cactus Party
How cute are these little paper houses nestled in the plants?!
Cactus Party
For food, stick with the same color scheme. Try a Grapefruit Cucumber Gin Cocktail or Shrimp and Pesto Pizza with Goat Cheese on the grill. 
Cactus Party
This cactus balloon backdrop would make for a fun photobooth. Oh and if you're host, it's always a nice touch to match your color palette.

What parties are you hosting this summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...