Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Michigan for a Day

t picking apples
Last month my Kelsey, Tanya, Michael and I got in a car and drove to Michigan for the day. Just to pick some apples. You know, how you do. 
After seeing ads all over the el for "Pure Michigan," I have been wanting to go (plus Sufjan Stevens wrote an entire album about the state). It did not disappoint and was the perfect day get-away. 
We went to a couple of towns, mainly Three Oaks. They were all so quaint and festive for fall ($$$ too). 
We collected a lot of apples and somehow got free bread along the way (?).  
Will definitely be going back, because we never went to a brewery, but also because I bet it's wonderful in the spring. 
pumpkins gourds
corn m
when in the mid-west, corn is a MUST
stand corn girls k bite
We tried all sorts of apples I've never heard of before. All juicy and crisp. 
dunes
On the way back we stopped by New Buffalo Beach - "world class beaches" they say, which means I'll just have to visit again in the summer. 
gulls beach lighthouse
Thanks for a fun day PURE Michigan!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...