Tuesday, December 22, 2015
Christmas came early - I've got 2 WHITE HOT holiday playlists for you!
soulful, energized, HOT
1. 8 Days of Hanukkah - Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings (their holiday album is SO WONDERFUL and FUN)
2. May Ev'ry Day Be Christmas - Irma Thomas
3. Let It Snow - Diana Krall
4. Baby It's Cold Outside - Leon Redbone & Zooey Deschanel
5. It Don't Have to Change - John Legend Feat. The Stephens Family
6. Alone On Christmas - Phoenix (from the Bill Murray Netflix Christmas special)
7. God Rest Ye Merry Gents - Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings
8. Little Drummer Boy - Meaghan Smith
9. Christmas Wrapping - The Waitresses
folksy, relaxing, COLD
1. Blood Oranges in the Snow - Over the Rhine
2. I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day - The Civil Wars
3. Home for the Season - Neil Halstead
4. The Burning Babe (Robert Southwell, 1602) -xmas movie soundtrack
5. River - Joni Mitchell
6. Coventry Carol - Sufjan Stevens
7. My Father's Body - Over the Rhine
8. Holy, Holy, Holy - Sufjan Stevens
9. Half the World Away - AURORA (from this commercial)
Friday, December 18, 2015
How is December almost over?! Not okay.
I've been busy crafting my Christmas gifts for everyone while listening to Sharon Jones and The Dap Kings' holiday album (so fun and soulful!) and the new season of Serial.
Thursday, December 3, 2015
NY NY, Las Vegas
Good Lord it's been a busy fall! I feel like every week I've been packing or unpacking, but I'm not complaining.
Here's what my life has been like lately...
going to lots of concerts - Beirut, Brandon Flowers and BRITNEY... being a bridesmaid in my best friend from high school's wedding, and making the wedding cake ... sipping on tiki drinks from Lost Lake ... taking a FREE trip to Las Vegas with my friend (well, we still have to pay taxes) ... eating In-N-Out ... going to Milwaukee for Thanksgiving with my boo ... graduating from the Second City Conservatory and having my family up here to see my show ... co-hosting a Halloween party and dressing up like the Queen of Hearts (Michael was the Mad Hatter) ... attending parties, LOTS of parties ... listening to Adele non-stop and pretending like I'm her in a music video when I'm walking down the street ... trying to do my makeup like Adele ... growing my nails out like Adele ... being broke as hell ... decorating early for Christmas ... being bad about blogging regularly (gotta get better about that)
"animal style" at In-N-Out
Vegas felt like a big Disneyworld for adults - fake facades, overpriced drinks, but it was a lot cleaner than I expected it to be.
Chicago at dusk
How cute is that banana dolphin from Lost Lake tiki bar!?! (in Logan Square, Chicago)
My pictures never have an order, I just arrange them by color, size and aesthetics.
honey comb in Lincoln Park
a Pollock pumpkin
Blue Angels over Chicago
Monica's wedding!!!!! I had't make a cake in years, but it was like riding a bike.