Friday, January 15, 2016

on grace


I would say 95% of my heroines are redheads, one being the ever talented Jessica Chastain. She is the epitome of grace and all around class-act. 
I live my life by the motto: W.W.J.C.D. - what would Jessica Chastain do?*
She probably wouldn't put up with most bullsh*t BECAUSE SHE'S TOO BUSY. 

I've been in several situations recently where my heart was pounding so hard because I wanted to speak my mind and disagree strongly with someone. Usually over something stupid. Instead of vomiting my opinions and truths all over the table, I swallowed my tongue (and maybe rolled by eyes, or laughed sarcastically too). 
Meg Fee put it all perfectly in this post - on when to be assertive and when to walk away with grace; How that if you know no minds will be changed, sometimes it's not worth it. 
She says: "I read something recently about letting grace be bigger than our mouths. That's what I'm grappling with right now. Grace. To assert my worth, to set some boundaries, and to do it with as much grace as I possibly can, which very often means NOT SAYING EVERYTHING I WANT TO. Or, in other words, SHUTTING UP."

As I have now changed my iPhone wallpapers to be of Jessica Chastain (sorry baby pigs and boyfriend), I'm reminded daily to find that intangible grace we all can possess. 

Google the word "grace" (in the spiritual sense) and you'll find all sorts of different definitions. I can't quite explain it, but I believe JChas has it. 

"You can have the other words - chance, luck, coincidence, serendipity. I don't know what it is exactly, but I'll take it." - Mary Oliver

*this was in my old Tindr profile, def why I have a boyfriend now

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...