Saturday, May 28, 2016

Chicago Lately...

jenny cake
My bakery makes the most amazing cakes, RIGHT!?
bdayspring
It's been a while since I last touched base and a lot has happened.... How is it almost JUNE!?!

I turned 27 and had a Jenny Lewis cake, celebrated with friends eating tacos and going out dancing ... Real Housewives of Improv opened after months and years of dreaming about it ... graduated iO and am sorta done with improv classes for the time being, focusing on performing now ... my parents came to town and we walked all over Chicago, saw the Van Gogh exhibit and ate Indian food ... celebrated 1 year since our first Tinder date with Michael by going to the place we met ... reminisced about how this time last year I was in Iceland with Vern and how it was life-changing ... got bangzzzz ... started reading Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert, I highly recommend, esp. if you are in the arts ... realized I've now been out of college for as long as I was in college ... made Michael a big ole cookie cake for his bday and wrapped his presents pretty cool (wish I took a pic) ...  performed my first solo sketch doing my characters that have been living inside me for a couple years (sounds creeeeepy) ... saw Ellie Goulding (fo' free) in the sweetest "babysitting" gig there ever was ... had LEMONADE on repeat ... finally finished Nurse Jackie ... went to my cousin's wedding in Virginia for a short weekend, I forgot my dress, but thank GOD for Belk, also it was great to see family ... whipped up this dinner - healthy and oh so yummy ... sent off one of my bakery besties, now she has a real person job and I miss seeing her everyday ... 

Life seems a lot more certain now, and stable. Hustling for performance opportunities will always be a thing, but that's what I signed up for when I decided I was madly in love with improv/comedy and that's its what I want to do with my life. 
XOXO LOLO
ellie india
Ellie experience // finally went to Devon in Chicago - the Indian neighborhood with restaurants and sari shops galore! 
michael
Michael's mom made this picture of us into a puzzle. I like it. We look like an old-timey music duo from the 60's. 
pink kels
Spring is quite lovely in Chicago // This sweet girl/my sisterwife
flower show
Macy's Flower Show is a definite repeat! 
wedding flower show
an ice cream truck at a wedding = GENIUS!
flower show

4 comments:

  1. I love reading about your life! Congrats on one year anniversary and for kicking ass in comedy this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your anniversary!
    Izzy | https://plantbasedizzy.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is a humbling feeling you receive as you go to venues like this. A sweeping era of romance was born here, and it's clear why. One of the most beautiful DC wedding venues I have visited anywhere in God's beautiful World and I have been nearly everywhere imaginable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is impossible to give a bad review about flowers. You cannot be grumpy when looking at beautiful flowers, so is the next gentleman in line. One of the best Florist Delivery in the city. Flowers are always fresh and the prices are great!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...