Friday, September 9, 2016

Countdown till Christmas {Paperless Post}


September 15th marks 100 days till Christmas! I've teamed up with Paperless Post to bring you my holiday check-list and tips essential to avoiding holiday stress later on. I've definitely been one who is scrambling last minute and buying mediocre gifts because I waited too late. This year I want to enjoy the season. 

> Last year I made all my friends the same handmade gift - these gem soaps. They were a hit and we're really fun to make (soap is really fun to cut, there's something very satisfying by the way it glides). I guarantee you that anyone in your life will appreciate something you made yourself over a last minute afterthought gift. 

> This year I have already planned out my girlfriend's gifts - but I am keeping it a secret since some of them read my blog. I will say that it's very 90's theme. To avoid stress and spending a lot of money at once, I've already started buying the supplies from Michaels 40% off every week. I think it'll be better to budget this way and won't be a shock come December. I plan to start crafting them in November. 

> I don't host Thanksgiving, so I've gotten in the habit of decorating for Christmas right before Turkey Day so that I can enjoy it for a good month. Otherwise I'll just put it off. 

> Instead of shipping out-of-town friends gifts, I send kitchy Christmas cards. Paperless Post has a sweet collection of Christmas cards - paper and electronic! I personally am a fan of the Rifle Paper Co. collection they have. 

Hope these tips helped! We're all still trying to figure it out together, right? 
What tips DO YOU have?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...