Monday, September 5, 2016

Seasons Change


As America celebrates the unofficial end of summer today, we are reminded of the seasons to come (and Pumpkin Spice Lattes). I live for the in-between, the Autumns and Springs, that bring a change of weather and attitude right when you need it. I guess the same can be applied to creativity too. Autumn can bring a crisp, new look into your work, Spring can inspire and give hope. I'm speaking metaphorically of course, but the point is, which is something I constantly have to remind myself, is that nothing in nature blooms all year. We all need those dormant times when we are not producing as much, aren't inspired, doing anything but art (i.e. paying bills, working out, going to weddings). Because in the Spring (or Autumn) it will all bloom and pour out. Creativity and ideas never go away, they just sleep for the winter sometimes.

So I reassure myself:
Don't be hard on yourself. Be patient with yourself. Remember there's only one Beyonce, but there's also only one you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...