Monday, January 16, 2017

Mixtape Monday: Best Songs of 2016

These are accounted separately from my Best Albums of 2016 list (it's always had to choose my top 7 albums of the year). There was a lot of wonderful new music (and films) this year.

1. Freedun (feat. ZAYN) - M.I.A. (probably the most positive and uplifting M.I.A songs - the world needs her now more than ever)

2. I Wanna Know (feat. Nico & Vinz) - Alesso (Michael and my's song this summer, it sounds like a vacation on a dream cloud)

3. Angel - NAF (from Jenny Lewis' peaceful protest girl band)

4. 666 ʇ - Bon Iver (22, A Million was a gorgeous album, and his most experimental yet)

5. Best to You - Blood Orange (summery citrus)

6. Wish That You Were Here - Florence + The Machine (a transcendental single she did for “Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children”)

7. A 1000 Times - Hamilton Leithauser & Rostam (a retro, soulful album from 2 members of The Walkmen and Vampire Weekend)

8. Grand Hotel - Regina Spektor (Remember Us To Life is theatrical and spooky)

9. Audition (The Fools Who Dream) - Emma Stone (from La La Land, this song will always make me well with tears)

10. Cranes in the Sky - Solange (Beyonce's sister released what I call a "pastel version" of Lemonade, with more funk/chill vibes)

11. 33 "GOD" - Bon Iver (makes me miss my modern dancing days)

12. Atomic Number - case/lang/veirs (supermoon, superfemale group)

13. Ivy - Frank Ocean

14. The Greatest (feat. Kendrick Lamar) - Sia (is it just me or is she the "go-to" for any movie soundtrack?)

15. U-Turn - Tegan and Sara (love their spunky new album)

16. WOW - Beck (I guess we can expect a new album this year?)

17. City of Stars - Ryan Gosling & Emma Stone (also from La La Land)

18. Wings of Love - liv (new music from Lykke Li, very Fleetwood Mac)

19. Wolf - Skott (for fans of: Florence + the Machine and AURORA)

20. Man on the Moon - Britney Spears (Glory is a great workout album, start to finish. I'll always love Brit.)

21. Shut Up Kiss Me - Angel Olsen

22. EOS - Rostam (this dude had lots of exiting projects this year)

23. Im In Love (Ft. James Vincent McMorrow) - Kygo

24. Ladies Don't Play Guitar - Tennis (this group keeps gettin' better and better)

25. Same Ol' Mistakes - Rihanna (theme song to Atlanta, which reminds me I need to watch Atlanta)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...