Friday, March 24, 2017

Spring Refresh {with Leesa}

I was inspired by Leesa, an innovative direct-to-consumer online mattress company, to bring you some Springtime refresh ideas. Spring is the most exciting time of the year in Chicago because every peep of grass and sidewalk brings so much promise and hope. As the bulbs start to come in and patio furniture comes out, attitudes shift and we all want to take as much advantage of the warmth as we can. 
I start the Spring process by switching up and refreshing little things in my apartment. 

Fresh flowers - everywhere. 
Growing up, my mom would always pick gardenias and daffodils from our yard and place them in little sweet vases all over the house. I don't have my own yard or garden, but I love buying Trader Joes bouquets and dispersing them all over the apartment. 
Switch out closet, winter for spring clothes, & stow away blankets
.
Make some DIY Room Spray 
.
Bring out the fans, switch pillows out for lighter/seasonal fabrics
Re-pot plants, add to plant collection
Spring is a great time to re-pot and freshen up your plant's soil. Spring and Summer are also ideal times to fertilize your plants. Whenever the weather gets warm I'm always inclined to get some new green friends. Just call me a crazy plant lady. 

Today it's in the 70's and I'm going to go bask in the sunlight and warmth while I can. 

Happy Spring! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...